Skip to main content

Cornwall Central School District - Louis Argenio

Meet Louis Argenio -


My name is Louis Argenio and I am proud to announce my candidacy for the Cornwall Central School District's Board of Education. 


My wife and I made the decision to move to Cornwall so that our children could benefit from being in the greatest school district around, and we have not been disappointed with the quality of education and experiences they have benefited from so far.

Currently, I have children on the elementary and middle school levels. As I attend their school and district-wide events, I am so pleased to be apart of every opportunity offered to them. 




One of the main reasons we decided to move to Cornwall was so that all of the "extras" or "unattainable opportunities" that neighboring districts face are not taken away from our children. The mindsets to move our schools and our children forward and to work as a community to do so are the reasons why our schools are so successful. The level of academics, arts and athletics are very impressive. We really do have the best in our schools and my intention is to support this level of success and opportunity for all of our children.

My decision to run for the school board was not made lightly. I have been attending board meetings and special bond meetings regularly for some time now and recognize the effort required to be a successful board member. I also recognize the standstill that can take place without collaboration and we can no longer allow this to happen, as the important decision making of a cohesive board allows the opportunity for our children to flourish. The adverse unfortunately may be steering us in a direction that will be difficult to correct and I cannot allow our children to lose time while these corrections are made. I am confident that I will be a constructive, positive member of the board who looks at matters objectively and fairly, who make decisions based on fact and will not allow emotions to derail progress. This is not an easy task but I am prepared to put in my time so that both our schools and community can keep the excellent reputation it has, and my goal is to do my part to Keep Cornwall Moving.




Don't forget to vote on May 15th for our school budget vote and please consider me for your vote as a Board of Education Member.

Thank you for your time,
Louis Argenio

Come follow me on FaceBook for realtime updates or questions you may have -
Louis Argenio 2018 Cornwall CSD BOE Candidate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cornwall Central School District - John Edelen

Meet John Edelen - My name is John Edelen and I am running for the Cornwall Board of Education.   My wife and I chose Cornwall 17 years ago because of the community, its quality schools, and the surrounding scenic splendor. Our daughter is a student at the Middle School and attended Willow Avenue Elementary K-4. We consider ourselves fortunate for the dedicated and talented teachers, administrators and staff that have helped shape her education to this point and I want to ensure responsible progress for the future. I believe I possess a unique blend of competencies, experience and perspective to contribute as an effective board member and uphold its responsibility to provide a quality education for all in a fiscally responsible manner. As a husband, I understand trust is the foundation of all functional relationships and is earned through clear and honest communication. As a father, I understand the importance of setting a proper example for younger

Candidate Bio - Louis Argenio

As a lifelong resident of the Lower Hudson Valley, I attended the Newburgh Schools and later Rider University. I have been employed with a locally owned and operated construction company who has been in business in the greater Newburgh area for over 75 years. As Project Manager I lead multiple teams of individuals while routinely reviewing, executing and managing multi-million-dollar projects in both the private and public sector. In previously ho lding a position on the Sacred Heart Parish of Newburgh's Financial Committee for six years, I worked to develop a progressive plan to remove outstanding debt to create a positive economic environment. As Co-Chair of the Sacred Heart's Annual Community Feast, I've collaborated for the last ten years with many groups to organize, develop and manage a weekend-long fundraising event. Working with our youth, I have donated much time to coach soccer and football. As a member of school PTO groups both in Cornwall and Washingto